Friday, October 10, 2008

A Beginner's Guide to Integrating Technology

This article gives steps on how to determine how to integrate technology into your curriculum. It gave a four-point “STAR” approach for technology assessment. “STAR” stands for: student skills and attitudes, teacher skills and attitudes, access, and resources. The next step is to get motivated. Ways to get motivated is to get informed and inspired by peers. Also it suggests getting involved with other teachers or online dialogue. The last step the article suggests is to get motivated! Manage with technology by creating spreadsheets to average grades or create a newsletter for parents. Learn how to use online learning tools such as WebQuests and scavenger hunts. The article gives many ways to integrate technology no matter how skilled you or your students are.

Jackson, L. (May 2002). A Beginner's Guide to Integrating Technology. Education World. Retrieved September 17, 2008 from http://www.educationworld.com/a_tech/tech/tech130.shtml

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Jenn,

I really liked this article! I have learned a lot on integrating technology and hope to learn a lot more. I appreciated you posting these types of information.

ATL-IAN said...

This article is fantastic. Thank you for posting it up here. I have really been wanting to incorporate technology more into my everyday life at my school but tend to focus on what i can do directly with students. This article gives you ideas such as spreadsheets that I am already using and learning to play with. Unfortunately, excel has never been my strong point.